|This is the first in a series of FY19 messages regarding Officer Leadership.
1. CNRF required officer leadership courses (RDIVOLC, RILC and SOLC) are delivered by the Naval Leadership and Ethics Center Reserve Component (NR NLEC).
2. ALNAVRESFOR 18/2018 outlines leadership training requirements for all Navy Reserve officers. The following courses (when completed) satisfy the five year leadership training periodicity requirement.
A. The Senior Officer Leadership Course (SOLC) is a 2-day course for Captains, Commanders, and officers selected to promote to Commander. It is facilitated at select Navy Operational Support Centers (NOSCs) as stand-alone courses.
B. The Reserve Intermediate Leadership Course (RILC) is a 2-day course for Reserve Chief Warrant Officers, Lieutenants and Lieutenant Commanders and is facilitated at select NOSCs nationwide. The RILC curriculum models the Active Component Intermediate Leadership Course, which was released during FY17. This course updates leadership training provided to the total force and reflects updated approaches to support all officer communities.
C. The Reserve Division Officer Leadership Course (RDIVOLC) is a 2-day course for Reserve Ensigns and Lieutenants (junior grade) and is facilitated at select NOSCs nationwide. The RDIVOLC curriculum models the Active Component Division Officer Leadership Course, which was released during FY18.
D. No waivers to the rank requirement for course enrollment and attendance will be granted.
3. The schedules for SOLC, RILC and RDIVOLC can be accessed via Catalog of Navy Courses (CANTRAC) at https://app.prod.cetars.training.navy.mil/cantrac/vol2.html
4. Course Identification Numbers (CIN) are as follows:
A. Course Data Processing numbers (CDP) are as follows:
5. Quotas for all courses shall be requested via NOSC, Squadron, or Echelon V Training Officers. Training Officers require Enterprise Naval Training Reservation System (ENTRS) access for all subordinate UICs and RUICs and shall use ENTRS to obtain quotas for their assigned personnel. Access ENTRS at: https://app.prod.cetars.training.navy.mil/entrs/
A. Prospective students shall coordinate with their NOSC, Squadron, or Echelon V training department to reserve or cancel leadership course quotas via ENTRS.
6. Coordinating instructions:
A. Unless otherwise indicated in CANTRAC, all SOLC, RILC, and RDIVOLC classes will be held at the NOSC in the listed locations.
B. Classes will start at 0730 and generally run to 1630.
C. Uniform of the day is per NOSC guidance. Officers must verify uniform of the day with the appropriate NOSC or training location prior to course start. Officers not in the proper uniform of the day will not be permitted to attend the course.
D. NR NLEC delivers all courses via mobile training team. The team has no affiliation with or special knowledge of the NOSC or training locations. Admin and/or logistical information for each NOSC, including reporting instructions and berthing/ messing, can be found on the Navy Reserve website: https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/. Under the command dropdown, select RCC & NOSC. Contact the CDO at the number listed.
E. NR NLEC does not generate missions or requirements, or approve orders in the Navy Reserve Order Writing System (NROWS) for prospective students attending courses. Coordinate all NROWS generated missions, requirements, and orders with NOSC, Squadron, or Echelon V commands.
F. ADT Schools is the primary funding source for Officer Leadership Training, per the CNRFC N7 ADT Schools FY19 Missions and Prescribed Funding lines (https://private.navyreserve.navy.mil/cnrfc/N-Codes/N7/ADTSchools/). VTU officers will use ADT Schools orders to complete leadership training. Requirements and orders must be coordinated via NOSC, Squadron, or Echelon V commands.
7. POCs. Please do not hesitate to contact the below POCs should you have any questions:
NR NLEC N3: CAPT Paul Barnett, firstname.lastname@example.org
8. FY19 Course Schedule: